The customer is responsible for:
- All water registered by the meter.
- Repairs and maintenance of all water lines from the meter to the house, and throughout the house.
- Repairs and maintenance of all sewer lines from the point of connection to the District’s sewer line to the house, and throughout the house.
- If any repairs or new construction are made to the service lines on the owner’s property, the District will inspect these repairs to ensure that they meet current codes.
- Water meters are district property.
- Customers should NOT tamper with meters. No repairs should be attempted on a meter.
- Meters may ONLY be turned on or off by district employees.
- Installation, maintenance, testing, and reporting of backflow prevention devices, as required by the District (commercial, establishments, irrigation systems, and pools).
The District is responsible for:
Harris County Fresh Water Supply District #61 is responsible for all service and repairs of the water distribution system up to and including the water meter as well as routine service and monthly reading of the water meters.
The District is also responsible for the sanitary sewer collection system. This includes the wastewater treatment facilities, lift stations, sewer mains, and manholes.