Provide exceptional customer service and clerical support for Utility Billing. Complete new account set up, disconnections, and service orders. Collects cash and electronic payments.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
- Perform accurate cashiering duties by receiving, receipting, and recording payments for water and sewer accounts; balancing collections; receiving deposits, service fees, and other fees; posting mail and electronic payments.
- Provide customer service by explaining services and fees, provide information, answer questions, handle customer concerns, refer customers to other agencies, and maintain updated customer account information
- Perform clerical functions requiring discretion.
- Process service orders by preparing requests for service, terminations, repairs, and maintenance, and usage information.
- Research and analyze consumption information, customer data, or other information and respond to requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Calculate and process adjustments to customer accounts according to policy.
- Educate customers about available services, utility systems, and other District processes.
- Maintain organized filing systems, both electronic and paper.
- Handle difficult/stressful and sometimes escalated customer situations.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Duties are generally performed in an office setting. Some light work requiring occasional lifting objects up to 20 pounds to move objects. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Work may also require stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
Harris County Fresh Water Supply District is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Qualified Individuals. An application is required. Resumes are considered additional information, and accepted with a completed District application. Applications may be downloaded from the District website harriscountyfwsd61.org, Departments, Job Opportunities, or obtained at the District Office.
Education, Certification and Experience Required:
- Possession of a High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Possession of a valid Texas Class C driver’s license.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong cash handling skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong basic math skills
- Good interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and neat appearance
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Office skills using computer, software programs, calculator, and telephone
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally verbally or in writing.
- Fluency in English is required; bilingual Spanish-English language skills are preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and provide exceptional customer service in a fast paced office
- Ability to use and apply systematic methods for accuracy
- Ability to work with the public in a patient, courteous, and friendly manner.
- Ability to work with fellow employees in a courteous, positive, and team environment.
- Ability to provide direction to helpers, assistants, seasonal employees, interns, or temporary employees.
- Ability to accept change in policies or procedures with ease.
- Ability to diffuse difficult customer situations.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
Computer and related software, cash register, printers, calculator, telephone, fax machine, copier, payment drawer.
Must be bondable.
Salary Range: $12.00 – $18.00 DOQ
Harris County Fresh Water Supply District 61
Brian Breeding, Assistant General Manager
Fax resume and salary requirements to: 281.469.0518 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org